Monday, April 22, 2013

Crit 2 - DeVecchis


So I am spoofing the old Marlboro ads that pictured a very elegantly dressed woman and was trying to advertise the cigarettes as being delicate and luxurious with the tagline "The cigarette of distinction." Here I changed the name to Mortboro (utilizing the latin root "mort" which means death) and changed the slogan to "the cigarette of extinction." For the logo, I kind of wanted to keep it quite similar to the actual one (cause the majority of the advertisement I am going to make is going to have a different image, and simply have the logo small somewhere. However I did want to change the colors from red (which is vibrant and lively) to black (for death or decay) I also mirrored the pointed shape in both directions to kind of give the impression of a hole to possibly play off of the idea of a grave. Im not super happy with it yet, but it's a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment