(1) Describe the challenge
When birthdays and holidays roll around, many people have a hard time choosing the perfect gift for friends and loved ones. Social media enables us to share an array of different interests, hobbies, and activities. These details will be used to generate perfect present ideas.
(2) Who is the target audience?
The target audience is primarily 13+ years old users of Facebook. This app will draw more interest from millennial generations who see social media as a normal way of connecting, interacting, and getting to know friends.
(3) What does the audience currently think about the brand or group?
Many Facebook users are cautious to share personal information on Facebook because it is used for advertising and other marketing purposes.
(4) What would we like the target to think and feel?
This app would demonstrate the benefits that can come from using profile information for marketing purposes (market things you like to your friends!).
(5) Which facts, evidence or thoughts will assist in this change of
I believe that many people share in the frustration of choosing the right gifts. Demonstrations of the app will help potential users understand how the plethora of information available on social media can be put to use to alleviate some of the stress of holiday and birthday shopping.
(6) What is the brand essence?
The Present Perfect app would be a convenient app that help users think of meaningful gifts. The app could also provide silly ideas for gag gifts and other silly items that would be of interest to the user.
(7) What is the key emotion that will build a relationship with the core
Creativity and simplicity are the key benefits of the product. The audience will feel that a part of their lives has been simplified and their time can be used more efficiently.
(9) What media will best facilitate our goal?
Outside of facebook advertising, print ads in shopping centers (especially during the holidays) will reach the target while they are shopping.
(10) What are the most critical elements?
The most critical elements are:
- simple way of finding creative gift ideas that are personalized and unique - the ability to share findings on social media (recipients would be blocked from these posts).
(11) What is the single most important takeaway?
A simplified process of gift brainstorming.
(12) What do we want the audience to do?
Take advantage of social media data to give creative, meaningful gifts to friends and loved ones.