Thursday, May 16, 2013
Dorian Sosa_ Crit 2 Social Media Campaign
(1) Describe the challenge: Promote events around the city that support the arts while also providing these events with a much needed younger audience. The app will provide a guide to art gallery openings, new exhibitions, galas, gatherings, workshops, poetry readings, etc. This will also provide options for a night out, to people looking for something to do, for art related events.
(2) Who is the target audience? Young adults in their 20's to their 30's looking for a different night out that doesn't involve bars or the usual dinner and a movie. People interested in the arts that don't have access to a common source of information of where to find art related events. It can also be used by an older generation of people already involved and interested in the arts, to look for their preferred art related events.
(3) What does the audience currently think about the brand or group?Many young people think art related events are boring and/or expensive. They also have a problem finding out about these events since they are usually targeted to older and richer audiences.
(4) What would we like the target to think and feel? To change the conceptions and level of information about art related events for young adults. To market these events as a very accesible option for a date, fun outing, or gathering opportunity. To promote the art events among young people as a fun, cheap, and different experience.
(5) Which facts, evidence or thoughts will assist in this change of thinking? Promoting the fact that art events are cheap, fun gatherings with lots of people. They offer a good opportunity for exchanging ideas and meet new people if you want to go out with your friends and/or are single. They are a better idea for a date since they are more classy and quiet than a bar or a movie theater, they also offer more one on one time with your date. They are cheaper too, since they have free or cheap drinks and food options, and they expand your knowledge and interests while still being fun.
(6) What is the brand essence? Classy but young and fun
(7) What is the key emotion that will build a relationship with the core audience? To have fun while still feeling classy and knowledgeable, to discover a new opportunity for entertainment.
(9) What media will best facilitate our goal? Buss and train adds would reach a broad number of my target audience, since both young people and working adults usually use these methods of transportation, they could provide an idea to go out after coming home from school or work. Also magazines adds like Time Out Chicago, and adds in social media websites like facebook and The Nest (a site for young married couples).
(10) What are the most critical elements? Reaching the audience and convincing them to use the app and attend the events. The app's usefulness and easiness of navigation, since the idea is to make the process easy and quick.
(11) What is the single most important takeaway? That art related events are an excellent, accessible option for young adults to have fun, and they should consider it as a good as an option as dinning out or going to the movies.
(12) What do we want the audience to do? To use the app to go more often to art related events and support the arts.