Monday, May 6, 2013
Ashley Soltis - Social Media Ad Campaign Premise
(1) Describe the challenge
I would like to design a mobile application, that connects consumers who purchase and use natural/organic hair and body products (specifically the naturally curly audience). The site/app would also include a feature that pinpoints the needs of the user - like curl type, and then recommend products or provide quick tips for how to care for this category of hair.
(2) Who is the target audience?
The target audience includes women and men with naturally curly hair, or those looking to transition their hair, and are interested in taking a natural approach.
(3) What does the audience currently think about the brand or group?
The audience currently embraces their natural hair texture, or is curious about transitioning and is seeking continued advice, products, care tips, or looking for support from fellow curlies.
(4) What would we like the target to think and feel?
I would like the audience to feel appreciated and intrigued by the app, to see that the app remains loyal to popular and new products and is interested in the personal needs of the user.
(5) Which facts, evidence or thoughts will assist in this change of thinking?
The ratings, popularity, official organic labeling by companies, and overall elegant design of the app will encourage users to think this way.
(6) What is the brand essence?
The brand's essence is quality, individuality, and confidence.
(7) What is the key emotion that will build a relationship with the core audience?
This app should help make the user feel informed, confident, and intrigued.
(9) What media will best facilitate our goal?
This will be a mobile app for phones that can support this. Digital ads will be utilized via sister sites that empower the natural hair movement as well, and a Facebook page would be helpful.
(10) What are the most critical elements?
The most critical elements include the user interface meshing with natural hair/body care companies cooperation, as well as user interest. This will support credibility.
(11) What is the single most important takeaway?
It would be advantageous to get users excited about the organic care movement.
(12) What do we want the audience to do?
I want the audience to interact successfully with the application, and empower others with it.