I changed my whole idea from a college student cook book to a virtual business card swap.
(1) Describe the challenge: The challenge was to create an app that allowed people to virtually share swap business cards at with the bump of two smart phones. I know from personal experience that business cards get lost or destroyed. I want to create an app that stores business cards in order of name or company. The app will also allow people to create new business cards or scan in their existing paper cards.
(2) Who is the target audience: The target audience is business men and women primarily. I also want to target it towards graduating students who are networking and new to the business world.
(3) What does the audience currently think about the brand or group: I know many business people who have a stack of random business cards, and when they need to find a certain one they end up having to dig through the pile. The app would be and easy way to find the company or person they are looking for.
(4) What would we like the target to think and feel: An easy organized system of storing and finding business cards. Also an easy way to swap cards quickly without having to dig through pockets to find them.
(5) Which facts, evidence or thoughts will assist in this change of
Thinking: Everyone uses their smart phone, and having business cards at the tips of their fingers will be more productive.
(6) What is the brand essence: A convenient app that allows people to quickly swap business cards, store business cards, and create business cards.
(7) What is the key emotion that will build a relationship with the core
Audience: Speed and innovation. The business world is fast passed, and this will help keep their networking organized.
(9) What media will best facilitate our goal: advertising in money magazines, business magazines, business websites, and networking websites.
(10) What are the most critical elements: The bump swap card portion is the most critical aspect. This is the most important aspect of the app because if it doesn’t work properly people will not be inclined to use it.
(11) What is the single most important takeaway: A fast and easy way to swap business cards.
(12) What do we want the audience to do: Take advantage of the virtual business card swap, and categorizing of the cards.