Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Carey Spoof Ad Crit 1

For my spoof ad I think I have settled on Life Alert. Life Alert gets a lot of jokes because of it's commercials, featuring elderly people gingerly placed on the ground reaching for a telephone and saying "help, I've fallen and I can't get up!"




I have decided to take this one of two ways. One idea was to have a red cross, a la an ambulance, in the center of the page with cats hanging all around it and a caption reading, "When you have more cats than friends." This is sort of playing on the idea of being alone, and cat ladies are considered to be the epitome of being alone. The second idea I had was to use the idea of Life Alert as an app that an elderly person would use. I was also thinking of bringing it back to the nineties and playing on the idea of a party line.

I'm leaning more towards the first one because I will have a hard time finding people to photograph for the other idea but I can illustrate the first one.

The other idea of mine would be to do some kind of tweak on a GAP ad about falling into the gap, per their tag line. I'm not super into this idea though and I'd rather go with the Life Alert ad.

No comments:

Post a Comment